1. On December 31, 2011, Obama signed the NDAA, giving him the ability to indefinitely detain any U.S. civilian without charge or trial.
2. Obama supports internet censorship/surveillance. He plans to issue an executive order this year that resembles CISPA if the bill is not passed.
3. Despite his claims, Obama has killed thousands of people, including civilians and children, with drone strikes.
4. The president redefined the word ‘militant’ to mean ‘all military-age males in a strike zone’. This allows him to refer to civilians killed in a drone strike as ‘militants’ to avoid counting civilian deaths.
5. President Barack Obama signed the FAA Air Transportation Modernization and Safety Improvement Act of 2012 earlier this year allowing 30,000 drones to be used on U.S. soil by law enforcement, government agencies, corporations, etc.
6. Obama granted immunity to all government officials involved in torturing detainees.
7. When a federal judge barred the white house from indefinitely detaining U.S. civilians, the Obama Administration appealed the decision and won the ‘right’ back.
8. The Obama Administration and Lamar Smith (the creator of SOPA) are working together to have FISA renewed*. FISA (Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act) allows the government to electronically eavesdrop on Americans’ phone calls and e-mails without a probable-cause warrant.
9. When ACLU challenged the constitutionality of FISA, the Obama Administration asked the Supreme Court to dismiss the challenge.
10. Internet censorship has increased under Obama. The government has seized more than 750 domains in the past two years under a program called “Operation in Our Sites.” (.pdf)
11. William Binney, a former official with the National Security Agency, recently said that domestic surveillance in the U.S. has increased under President Obama, and trillions of phone calls, emails and other messages sent by U.S. citizens have been intercepted by the government.
12. Recently, the Obama Administration told a federal court that civilians have no “reasonable expectation of privacy” in cellphone location data, and hence the authorities may obtain documents detailing a person’s movements from wireless carriers without a probable-cause warrant.
13. The Obama Administration argued in court earlier this year that they can spy on U.S. civilians with impunity.
14. Even while denouncing Syria’s dictator, Obama has been arming Bahrain’s dictatorship with weapons that has killed several pro-democracy protesters.
15. When journalist Abdulelah Haider Shaye reported on a U.S. drone strike that killed 14 women, 21 children and more in Yemen, he was arrested and sentenced to 5 years imprisonment. After public outcry, Yemen’s president nearly released Shaye until Barack Obama called him on February 2, 2011 to request Shaye remain imprisoned.
16. Drone strikes have dramatically increased under Obama. From 2000-2008, Bush authorized a drone strike in Pakistan every 28 days. During Obama’s administration, he authorized a drone strike in Pakistan every 6 days.
17. The Obama Administration is training and arming 15,000 African troops to fight a proxy war in Somalia, possibly violating an UN Embargo.
18. When a group of lawmakers sought documents that proved the Obama Administration illegally sold guns to Mexican drug cartels, Obama invoked executive privilege for the first time to keep to documents hidden.
19. A few months ago, Obama’s trade documents were leaked. The documents revealed the Obama secretly gave big corporations the right to break domestic laws and violate national sovereignty.
20. In 2009, Obama secretly cut a deal with lobbyist group PhRMA to reassure’ that industry would be protected against policies it disliked in exchange for support of the legislation and acceptance of other policies.”
21. President Obama deported undocumented immigrants at a faster rate then any other president in history. He is also close to deporting more undocumented immigrants than Bush did during his 8-year presidency.
22. Obama has been extremely strict when it comes to whistleblowers. In fact, he has indicted more whistleblowers under the Espionage Act than all past administrations combined.
23. Income inequality is worse under Obama than it was under Bush. The 1% received 65% of every dollar created from 2002-2007. The the recovery, 2009-2010, the 1% received 93% of every dollar created.
24. In 2008, Obama promised to increase the federal minimum wage to $9.40/hour. The current minimum wage remains at $7.25.
25. Obama has helped close hundreds of public schools nation-wide and replace them with for-profit charter schools.
Just a gentle, friendly reminder of things we need to hold him accountable for.